Thursday, May 28, 2009

Remembering You

I remember you taking me for a walk,
And today I walk with my head held high.
I remember you cheering me to talk,
And today I talk without being shy.

I remember you teaching me to accept failures,
And today I learn from them.
I remember you encouraging me to face challenges,
And I no longer run away from mayhem.

I remember you teaching me the virtues of patience,
And I have learnt to empathise from you.
I remember you telling me to accept what has happened,
And I learnt to look ahead instead of feeling blue.

I remember me trying to be like you,
And I still try to be like my dad.
Sometimes I wish I had more time with you,
And many a times I feel bad.

But I am strong as you wanted me to be,
And everyday I hope,
You approve of what you see,
I hope you approve of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment